There’s this misconception that less sleep means you’re working harder when really it just means you’re stupid.
Being ‘busy’ does not mean you are being productive.
For all I know you could be busy on the toilet.
Sleep is vital for your overall health and makes every aspect of your day MORE productive.
– It restores and maintains mental alertness
– It increases your mood and how you interact with other people
– Its the time when you releases Human Growth Hormone (more gains!)
– It increases muscular recovery by speeding up protein synthesis
– It gives you energy to accomplish tasks with quality
– It reduces appetite (less chances to binge!)
– Lack of it will weaken the immune system
I won’t lie and say I’ve never had 5AM starts and 12AM finishes. With two jobs, clients, university, family and training things toppled up. Sometimes when you’re constantly on the go throughout the day you forget to even eat.
This is not healthy!
When my days were GO GO GO I was such a moody bitch. Yeh I was getting shit done, but it wasn’t done with passion and quality, it was more like BANG BANG on to the next thing. I was young, hormones everywhere and wanted to prove myself. But all it proved was that I was dumb.
My training became poor. I put on weight. I neglected friends. I was constantly complaining about being tired (even convinced myself I had an overactive thyroid *rolls eyes*…don’t self diagnose) and I was NAAAT FEELING CUTE AT ALL.
Sleep is JUST as essential as food!
Aim for at least a minimum of 7 hours sleep to maximise wellbeing during the day..and always remember that health is wealth!
“Sleep is the best meditation” – Dalai Lama